New Year, New You… Successful Ways To Make A Fitness Resolution Stick!
by ACE Physical Threapy and Sports Medicine Institute
Tid Bits of Info.
- Be patient…it usually takes a minimum of 6 weeks for the body to experience a biochemistry change in the muscle indicating a strength gain.
- Cardiovascular exercise is most effective if performed 4-5x/week for a minimum of 30 minutes at approximately 70% of your max heart rate.
- An easy formula to figure out maximum heart rate: 220-your age x .7.
- Your exercise session should be as important as a business meeting….you will never skip a business meeting.
- If you need help putting an exercise routine together, ask a personal trainer or Physical Therapist that specializes in orthopaedic injuries.
You may be thinking, “This is going to be the year.” Looking back over the past year may motivate some people to start a fitness program. A new energy for eating healthy and working out accompanies the new resolutions. Unfortunately, by the end of January over 30% of all resolutions fail. Here are some tips to help you keep your fitness resolutions and develop some healthy habits along the way.
First, it is important to remember resolutions often fail because the goals are too high. The amount of change you are trying to make in your life is simply too much. Creating a series of smaller milestones, can help bring your bigger project within reach. Whether you are focused on losing weight, increasing muscle strength or developing a sound cardiovascular training program, set a manageable pace that you can follow. Surround yourself with people who will motivate you to keep focused on your place.
Using these rules as a guide: Read more at ACE-PT.org… http://www.ace-pt.org/2017/12/28/ace-physical-therapy-and-sports-medicine-institute-new-year-new-you-successful-ways-to-make-a-fitness-resolution-stick/